Using a balloon to suspend your live or dead bait allows you to “float” baits out to different areas and cover more water. Our balloons are biodegradable and environmentally friendly. Assorted colors, 8-pack.
Rite Angler Live Bait Balloons
A balloon can allow you to fish multiple lines at a set depth and can get your lines away from the boat or whatever location you’re fishing from.
Fishing with balloons is similar to bobber fishing, fishing with a cork, or kite fishing, but balloon fishing has a few distinct advantages.
- Using a balloon to suspend your live or dead bait allows you to “float” baits out to different areas and cover more water. You can get a balloon out much further than a traditional bobber. They can even be used to float you bait hundreds of yards off a jetty or the beach.
- Easily control the depth of your live or dead bait. Great when fishing where there is a rocky bottom or anywhere you need the bait at a specific depth to avoid snags.
- The hook set is better with live bait balloons. The larger surface area creates more resistance when a fish strikes and pulls it down.
- Balloons move across the water faster than a bobber, creating the lifelike movement of a baitfish.
- Great for night fishing. Easily insert a glow stick into the balloon.
- Bright colored balloons stand out and are more visible than bobbers or corks.
- Much cheaper than kite fishing and requires no extra equipment.